Wednesday 16 March 2011

Makeup mission - Out of my comfort zone

I have decided to branch out, no longer am I going to walk into MAC and pick up my usual shade lipstick, and neutral colour products I usually buy. I went on Friday just gone and decided to buy myself 2 products I wouldn't usually buy because as Lauren Luke states in her book, its easy to get stuck in a makeup rut.

Here they are... Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick and Mineralize skin finish in gold deposit.


I will talk about the lipstick first. As most of you already know I am a Myth junkie and don't really stray from my nudes so this is a massive change for me, but after watching Karris' video on her favourite red lipsticks I knew I had to give it a go. I don't really like to draw to much attention to my lips as they are quite large and red lipstick makes them look even bigger but not in a good way. I experimented with it the day I got it as you do with all new makeup, I concealed and lined my lips, applied it and then concealed the edges and highlighted my cupids bow but honestly I felt like I was in drag, a full red lip just doesn't suit me so I now just pat it on to give an even pigment to my lips and that works fine for me and looks really natural.



I LOVE THE PACKAGING THOUGH!!


Now onto the Mineralize skin finish. I find MSF's really hard to get used to so a lot of experimenting is needed. At present it looks a bit orange as blush and is far to dark for a highlight so I have been using it as eyeshadow. I think it would be perfect for a night out as I do tend to drown myself in fake tan but for my pale days I am finding it a little difficult to wear. It is absolutely beautiful though and the pigmentation is fantastic, I think I just need to shake off my usual beauty habits and embrace these new products.

Some pictures...






Just to give you an idea of how sparkly it is, I took a picture with the flash, look at all the "fall out" and the sheer brightness of it.


Lipstick - £13.50
MSF - £20.50


Anybody give me any ideas of how to wear the MSF? xxx

1 comment:

  1. I use Gold Deposit mostly on nights out, on my collarbones and my shins believe it or not haha. Gives them an amazing shimmer. I also put a tiny bit on my finger and use it as a cheek highlight if I am wearing bronzey makeup. Loveeee it! x

    ReplyDelete